by Gail Browser
Do you feel embarrassed every time you laugh? Is oral hygiene a regular issue for you?. Are you afraid to let yourself smile?. When you aren’t happy with your teeth, it can be difficult to relax and be yourself!.
That’s why doing what you can, to have whiter teeth is so important. Here are some suggestions on how to get your teeth sparkling:
* Drinking through a straw is going to help you keep your teeth looking whiter longer. It will reduce the time that the drink has to settle on your teeth and cause stains. The straw will carry the drink past your teeth and closer to your throat keeping it from getting to your teeth.
* One important teeth whitening tip is to make sure that you always drink plenty of water. This will act as a natural way to remove extra food and harmful materials from your teeth, keeping them whiter. Be sure to rinse with water after eating as often as possible.
* Brush your teeth with baking soda every day. This is a great and natural remedy that is effective and cheap. Baking soda is a natural abrasive that is known to remove stains from your teeth without harming them. You should brush your teeth gently to avoid irritating your gums.
* Brushing your teeth with apple cider vinegar once a day to whiten your teeth gently and naturally is a great tip. The acid in the vinegar removes discoloration or film from your teeth and when used regularly, brightens your smile. If you experience any gum problems because of the acid, discontinue using vinegar.
* To keep your teeth white, be sure to use a straw when you are drinking beverages with high levels of acidity. The acidity in beverages, like sodas or sports drinks, can affect the color of your teeth, but the straw acts as a barrier. This will not change the color of your teeth overnight and if your teeth are already stained it will not take off the stain. It will help to prevent more discoloration.
* Make your own tooth whitening paste using both, baking soda and peroxide. You can easily do this by getting your toothbrush wet with peroxide then dipping it in baking soda. You can also see results by rinsing your mouth out with peroxide and then, brushing your teeth with baking soda.
* A lemon juice and salt mixture can be used to whiten your teeth at home. Many people swear by this home remedy for stained teeth. The salt scrubs plaque from your teeth, while the acidic properties of lemon juice have a bleaching action. You can make a paste and use this as you would your regular toothpaste.
* Talk with your dentist before beginning any teeth whitening program. If you currently have any sort of dental disease or issue, your dentist may recommend a specific method of teeth whitening. Most natural remedies do not have side effects, but if you are prone to gum problems or teeth sensitivity, some remedies may not be appropriate.
* When you are whitening your teeth, remember that there are limitations to what it can do. If you have had extensive dental treatments like caps, bridges or crowns, these will not be whitened by the treatment that you are using. You will have to have this work replaced to match your new whiter smile.
* Mixing baking soda and hydrogen peroxide into a paste and rubbing on your teeth is a great way to create a great teeth whitening experience. It is imperative to let the paste sit on the teeth for several minutes, but do not swallow it. After letting it sit for several minutes, wash it off and brush your teeth afterwards to get the taste out of your mouth.
You don’t need to be ashamed of the way your teeth look any longer. As you start applying the advice in this article, you’ll start seeing a different right away, and the effects will only grow greater with time. Soon, nothing will be able to stop you from laughing and smiling away.