by Babs ‘O’ Reilly
(Miami Beach, Florida, USA)
Some diets work, some don’t – right? When it comes to diets that do actually help you lose weight and keep it off, the South Beach Diet is at the top of the list.
While it may not be the diet for everyone, it has achieved tremendous popularity and rave reviews from people all around the world. Here’s what you need to know about the South Beach Diet.
What Is the South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet was designed by Doctor Agatston. He’s a multi-published author of a number of health and diet books.
Additionally, he is a cardiologist and an associate professor of medicine at the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine. In short, he knows what he’s talking about!
The final, third phase is a lifestyle phase designed to help you continue losing or to maintain your weight loss year around. Once you’re on the South Beach Diet, you don’t ever really go off of it. It becomes your lifestyle.
The good news is that it isn’t restrictive. If you love food and you love to eat, the South Beach Diet is for you.
Rather than elimination and deprivation, you’re able to enjoy food. The key is to modify your habits for lasting health and weight.
The Three Phases in a Nutshell
* Phase One – The first phase is designed to help you kick cravings and get a rapid start on your weight loss. This phase lasts only for two weeks.
This is great because when you’re able to see results in that short a time, you’re more likely to stick with the diet.
* Phase Two – This phase is designed for steady and gradual weight loss. They also say that if you have less than ten pounds to lose, then this is the phase to start with. You can skip the first phase.
In this phase you’ll be able to add some items to your food list that were previously eliminated or reduced.
* Phase Three – Here you’re continuing to make your lifestyle changes and create good eating habits.
Because this is the maintenance phase of the diet, it never ends. However, as mentioned previously, you’re able to indulge in your favorite foods from time to time.
But Wait, There’s More……
The South Beach Diet offers more than a simple book or diet plan. Membership, which is $5 a week billed quarterly, offers:
* Pre-packaged food to purchase
* Workout DVDs and programs
* Tools to track your weight, phase, and diet goals
* Meal planners and nutrition tools
* Access to questions answered by Dr. Agatston
* Community support
* Recipe database with more than 1,000 recipes
There’s a reason the South Beach Diet has worked for so many. It takes a realistic approach to health and weight loss. While it’s designed to help you lose weight, it’s also designed to help you keep it off.
That’s not something most diets accomplish. If you’re looking to lose weight, check out the South Beach Diet.
Click here to get more ideal body weight tips about Weight Loss Diet Plan Reviews