With so many environmental pollutants and unhealthy habits, it’s no wonder that millions of people of all ages and backgrounds find themselves constantly battling skin disorders and irritation. Fortunately, the information found in these skin care tips and tricks is sure to offer useful advice on keeping your skin looking and feeling its best:
* Carefully consider your long-term skin care regimen. Skin that is well taken care of will look younger when compared to other people in the same age group. Keep your skin moist with a high quality lotion which contains sunscreen. Over-exposure to the sun’s direct rays can cause your skin’s aging rate to accelerate.
* To get the best use out of your skin care products, you have to apply them in the right order. You should start by the less thick product and make sure it penetrates your skin. Then move on to a slightly thicker product and finish with the thickest one. Do not apply a new product until the previous one has been absorbed.
* Red nose, red eyes, splotchy face: it must be cold season again!. Keep your colleagues from noticing that your sinuses are suffering by using a concealer with a yellow base on problem areas. This will counteract any redness you may have. Bonus tip: draw white highlighter just under your bottom lash line and at the corner of your eyes to make them seem brighter.
* Before going to sleep, clean up your face from any trace of make-up. Apply a moisturizer a few hours before going to bed so that it has time to penetrate your skin and will not clog your pores while you rest on your pillow. Apply lip balm and hand cream before going to bed.
* Exfoliating your skin with a mask every week can do wonders for your acne. Try using an oatmeal mask, which can help to dry out your skin to reduce the size of your pores, while eliminating bacteria. An oatmeal mask is a great way to get rid of the dead skin cells lodged on the surface of your face.
* To keep your skin products from damaging your skin, you should dispose of old makeup products. Even if it doesn’t have an expiration date, makeup can go bad, just like food can. In addition to this, dust and dirt can build up in makeup containers over time. For the most part, you should not keep makeup for more than 1 or 2 years.
* When you’re heading outside to enjoy the summer, try applying sunscreen to your face using a sponge applicator instead of your fingers. The sponge will help the sunscreen penetrate your skin further, improving its effectiveness. Additionally, you can avoid the annoyingly sticky or greasy feeling you may get from sunscreen applied too thickly to your face.
* The secret to great skin is great skin care. This means that not only should your skin be cleaned and moisturized correctly for your skin type, you should also protect your skin with sun screen. This prevents serious damage and aging that the sun can cause over time. A good sun screen or make up with SPF in it can be very beneficial.
* When you exfoliate your face, start with dry skin. The scrub will make the skin become softer because it is going to remove dry, flakey skin before the cleansing cream that you use can moisturize it. This will eliminate a lot more dead skin cells from the face and leave you with a glowing complexion.
Now that you are more familiar with some effective ways to treat, care for, and protect your skin, you are one step closer to a more healthy and youthful appearance. The advice in this article will undoubtedly leave you with skin that is improved in its appearance, texture, tone, and vitality.