Healthy Body Ideal Weight Pet Health & Nutrition Article
Beautiful body ideal weight web site natural pets health article about cat care healthy body ideal weight healthy dog nutrition, training & exercise plans, lifestyle tips, free ebooks and new health articles resources for your pets lifetime fitness & healthy weight loss products which you may want healthy pet nutrition, dog & cat lifetime fitness & health tips for.
Welcome to our cat care article, we have gathered a series of tips together to help you keep your cat or kitten in peak condition…..but……you can help!…….if you have additional tips or suggestions on cat care…..please add them directly into the comments text box near the bottom of the page….we will then publish them on this page!.
Cat Care – Health:
• Inoculations: It is important to make sure your cat has every inoculation it needs when it needs it. This will help keep your pet healthy.
• Vet Visits: If your vet needs to see your cat, make sure you go as scheduled. If your cat is healthy, a once a year check-up should suffice.
• Grooming: Some cats need no more grooming than a weekly brushing, but some require regular bathing or nail trimming. Ask the breeder or the former owner what your pet may need. You can also go online and look up grooming standards for your breed.
• Pet Proofing Your Home: Cats are extremely inquisitive, so pet proof your home just as you would for a two year old toddler. Make sure any material that may be hazardous is kept securely put away from a nosy cat.
• Environment: While most breeders will tell you not to allow your cat to roam outside, it is ultimately up to you. If you do allow your cat to go outdoors, be sure to monitor him as he plays and only let him out if you have sufficient property for him to play without being in danger. If you keep your pet indoors, take all necessary precautions to keep him indoors.
• Exercise: All cats need some exercise. The exact amount varies based on the breed of cat and your individual cat’s temperament. A pet that gets too little exercise will become bored (which can lead to destructive tendencies) while a pet that gets too much will become tired and can even be hurt if there is too much stress on tiny bones and muscles.
Cat Care – Food:
• Type: Wet, dry, or moist, one thing is for sure – get a high quality food that supplies proper nutrition and is one that your pet enjoys. You must also supply your pet with plenty of fresh, clean water, regardless of the food you choose.
• Variety or Always the Same: Your first instinct may be to treat your cat as you would yourself – varying his meals so he won’t get bored. For most cats, though, this is not a good thing. Changing your cat’s diet too often can cause stress and gastric upset, particularly if your pet is finicky.
• Bowls – Fancy or Plain: There are many different choices when it comes to food and water bowls. There are ones fit any décor, and will please even the pickiest of eaters or decorators.
• Treats: Your cat will love a good treat, but the specific flavors and textures they like may vary greatly. Trial and error will show you exactly what your pet likes best. Use treats generously when your pet follows specific directions.
Cat Care – Temperament:
• Pet Temperament: Your cat is just like a human – he will have good and days, but your pet’s overall temperament will be apparent quickly. That is why is it important to pick your cat carefully. Take into consideration all the aspects of your household – the number of people, if any are young, if the cat will be alone or there are other animals, if you have time to spend with your cat, and whether you have patience for a bit of mischief and bad temper.
• Pet Socialization: If you are a one-cat person, then you may not think that cat socialization is very important, but it goes beyond interaction with other pets. You will need to see how your cat reacts to other people, as well. You wouldn’t want your friends to be scared to enter your house, now would you? Be sure to introduce your cat to new people or pets slowly to help minimize problems.
• Playing With Your Pet: Be sure to take plenty of time to play with and love your cat. If you are not home very much, consider another pet for yours to play with or a pet sitter to watch him while you’re gone.
• Behavior Problems: Many cats have behavior problems, but they can usually be worked through with training, time, and perhaps some professional help if needed.
• Training: It is critical that you train your cat to encourage good habits and a great attitude. If you are having problems training your cat yourself, there are many professional options you can investigate.
Cat Care Supplies:
• What You Need: You will need the proper grooming supplies (brushes, nail clippers, good shampoo), a high quality food and bowls to eat and drink from, a good litter pan and litter, and a warm, soft place for them to sleep
• What You’ll Want: You may want to stock up on the toys and even buy a cat tree for them to play in.
For further information on cat care or to get started on a program to suit your pet and your budget… “Optimal Health Products for your Pets”
Cat Care article was kindly contributed by David Exon, Nutritional Consultant, who has donated many more inspiring diet tips, diet blog, pet health articles and motivation resources to this healthy weight management website.
Get Optimal Health Products for your Pets Articles on healthy dog nutrition,training & exercise plans, lifestyle tips, free ebooks and new health articles resources for your pets lifetime fitness & healthy weight loss products which you may want healthy pet nutrition, dog & cat lifetime fitness & health tips for.
For further information or to get started on a program to suit your pet and your budget… “Optimal Health Products for your Pets”