I am starting a health/diet/nutrition/weight loss/exercise/etc website, because obesity is a growing problem in America and I want to help. I am a Biology major at Boston College and understand some of the biological aspects of nutrition and gaining fat. I have some ideas of what to put on the site, but if you were going to a website like this to try and lose weight/get in shape, what would you want? What would you want information on? Weight loss plans? Nutritional label reading guide? Incentives for losing weight? More information on metabolism and fat? Consequences of eating unhealthy food? Please give me any ideas that you have, and let me know if you think this would be a successful website.
1. Which weight loss supplements work, which don't, and why
2. Which major advertised weight loss plans work, which don't, and why
3. Shopping lists and menus/recipes for a weight loss plan that works
4. Skip the 'how to read a nutrition label' stuff. It's available everywhere.
5. Section debunking common myths
6. Exercise section with SPECIFICS. Include simple exercises (e.g., sit ups, push ups, jogging, walking) that people with ZERO equipment and/or gym access can do
7. Section addressing the dangers of eating disorders
8. A “community” section where weight-loss “buddies” can connect and encourage one another
9. “Blog” section where those using your plans can log their progress.