by Naomi Rodgers
Your face is the first thing that you present to the world, and your skin is the most important feature of your face. Check out the following tips & advice:
* Practicing proper skin care is an essential part of everyday life, and there are a variety of products on the market to help you with the process. The most important key to proper skin care is the overall cleanliness of your skin.
* Use a moisturizer that is oil-free. It is important to moisturize your skin, even if you are prone to acne. If you already have oily skin, you definitely do not want to leave a moisturizer on it that contains more oil. Look for a moisturizer that is water based instead.
* When exercising, stop when you feel like you are becoming tired. If you exercise with little energy, you may push your body too far, which can impact your hormones and create a breakout. Always do things in moderation, as this applies to exercising and lifting, if you want to achieve the best possible skin.
* For radiant, great-looking skin, make sure you’re avoiding the sun during the hottest hours of the day. If you must be outside between 10 am and 4pm, apply plenty of sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat. Reapply your sunscreen every two hours – trust us, your skin will thank you!
* One great tip for the winter is to avoid contact with water. Water can pull natural oils out of your skin, causing it to crack in dry environments. If you are cleaning around your house, you should make sure that you put on gloves so that you can keep your hands safe and keep your finger nails from becoming brittle.
* Skin care regimes differ for each skin type. Find a cleanser that works for your type, and stick with it. If you have oily or combination skin types, try gel or foaming cleansers. Normal and dry skin types should stick with cream based cleansers. Toners are optional, but do wonders for your skin. Try them out, and go from there.
* Eat foods high in vitamin A to improve the health of your skin. Foods like cantaloupe, spinach, and carrots are all high in plant based vitamin A. Add these foods to your diet to improve your skin’s health and as an added bonus, vitamin A also boosts your immunity levels keeping you healthier. If you are regularly missing out on this Vitamin A booster use herbal multivitamin supplements to maintain optimum skin quality.
* Use hypoallergenic and unscented lotions and creams because scented moisturizers tend to have artificial ingredients that can be bad for your skin. One ingredient that is quite prevalent in commercial creams and lotions is alcohol, which is very drying for the skin. Be sure to read the ingredients of creams and lotions that you are thinking about purchasing. If you see fragrance or alcohol in the list, pass that product by.
* You must keep in mind that your skin’s condition will change with the seasons. The changing of temperature, humidity and sun exposure can have drastic effects on your skin over long periods. Skin that is oily in summer might become more normal in winter, and normal skin may be dangerously dry during the cold months.
* The skin on your lips, eye area and upper chest is the thinnest of anywhere on your body so cover up! The importance of sunscreen cannot be overstated and it is most needed where your skin is thin so make sure to use lip balm and moisturizer with a strong enough SPF to shield you during exposure.
A clean and glowing face is vital to putting your best foot forward in this world. By following a regime of skin care that suits your skin type, you will be able to maintain and improve the overall quality of your skin. Whether it is lotions or just plain soap, finding what works for your in skin care will help you achieve the look that you desire to put forth to the world.