by Babs ‘O’ Reilly
(Miami Beach, Florida, USA)
If you will concentrate changing some habits, it may be possible to start renewing the metabolism of your body. Perhaps you have heard a story about someone who lost a large amount of weight just by changing from regular soda to a diet.
Perhaps the story of someone who began walking just a few minutes daily and has now lost a massive amount of weight. Small habits can make large differences in our lives and with time may boost our metabolism.
Increasing the rate of metabolism means that you body will burn more calories in a shorter amount of time, thus helping to reach your goal in losing weight.
1) People who are sedentary only burn two thirds of the calories that active people do in the same period of time. A vast difference can be made in your daily caloric burn by making the most of each opportunity to move. Even simple moves add up.
The simple moves that may have been called fidgeting when you were in school, not only help to keep joints and muscles loose, but also help to increase metabolism and caloric burn.
Try to stand more, tap your toes to the music, walk further on purpose or simply wiggle. The idea is the more you can move even while seated at your desk increase you metabolism.
2) Try eating 6-8 small meals per day rather than 3 large ones. Research has shown that when small meals are consumed on a regular basis the calories burn faster than when meals are spaced further apart.
3) You may not believe me on this one, but to increase your metabolism, you need to eat some fat. I am talking about the good fats however.
They taste great and help the body to work more effectively at burning other calories. Eating good fats, in moderation will help to speed weight loss as metabolism is increased.
4) Many researches show that your body might use more calories trying to warm cold water to body temperature. So try to drink more cold water. Proper hydration is necessary for metabolism to take place correctly.
5) Weight training improves your metabolism in several ways. Weight lifting will build muscle mass. Muscle mass is more active metabolically.
Even when resting, muscle mass requires more calories to maintain than fat. This means your body will burn fat and calories more quickly.
6) Consuming hot spices is another way to speed up your metabolism activity. Taking just a half teaspoon of certain spices including cinnamon everyday can help a lot in increasing metabolism as well as balancing levels of blood sugar.
7) It is more difficult for your body to break down proteins than other types of food. All foods must be broken down into glucose for use by the body.
For every 100 calories of protein ingested, the body only gains 70 calories. The longer break down process helps to keep the level of glucose stable for a longer period of time so you will not feel hungry quickly and be tempted to overeat at a later time.
Be sure to include protein at each meal as well as each snack to increase daily caloric burn.
Click here to get more ideal body weight Diet Tips