Is your time already stretched thin by spending your day working, taking care of others, driving, socializing, and running errands? Is it hard to find the time to sit down for a home cooked meal or get to the gym a few nights a week?
Dr. Melinda Jampolis, FitTV’s Diet Doctor, can show you how to create a healthy lifestyle and be able to diet, even while on the run. In her book, The No Time to Lose Diet, Jampolis shares ideas for breakfast on the go, no-cook dinners, dinning out strategies, tips for losing weight while traveling, and how to maximize your workout without spending hours at the gym.
The No Time to Lose Diet incorporates behavior management, exercise and nutrition tips. Each of these is equally important and, when done simultaneously, will provide real weight loss results.
The No Time to Lose Diet features a helpful tool called the Carbohydrate Calculator. This weight loss tool helps you figure out the right amount of carbs you need to eat every day to lose weight. The program is personalized to meet your needs. There are tests for both men and women in the book.
The No Time to Lose Diet Principles:
- Eat protein at every snack and meal to rev up your metabolism and avoid being overly hungry.
- Eat frequent small meals. Eating every 3-4 hours keeps your blood sugar level even.
- Be choosey about the carbs you eat. Not all carbs are equals, but high fiber carbs are important for a well-balanced diet.
- Watch your portion sizes. Train yourself to be able to eyeball a serving size in order to lose weight. Even having too many vegetables can cause weight gain.
- Make exercise a part of your daily routine to maintain your muscles and burn fat.
- Don’t fall into the “all-or-nothing” trap. Be flexible with your plan and make the best of things, especially after experiencing a setback.
- Have a plan and stick to it. Set small goals, keep track of your progress, and reward yourself for meeting your weight loss goals.
The No Time to Lose Diet also provides a label-reading guide, meal samples with on-the-go options, restaurant tips, shopping lists, kitchen makeover tips, weekend advice, holiday survival tips, cardio and resistance training tips, and non-exercise activities that help you burn more calories throughout the day.
Jampolis provides a solid weight loss plan in The No Time to Lose Diet. The diet is sensible and teaches dieters to remain positive and consistent while practicing everything in moderation to reach their weight loss goals.