by Babs O’Reilly
(Miami, Florida, US)
There are many ways to curb overeating without having to resort to a starvation diet plan. In fact, experts agree that when you attempt to starve yourself in order to lose pounds, you may actually gain weight when you return to normal eating habits.
You’ve seen what happens to some celebrities such as Kirstie Alley and Oprah Winfrey when they forgo their diet plans for “real food.” It’s a yo-yo diet syndrome that puts on the extra pounds.
The natural way of controlling overeating is the best way to develop good habits that will never leave you. Even if you vary from the natural way of eating for awhile (for example, during holidays), you can easily return to eating well every day. Here are a few tips to control overeating:
· Portion Control – Controlling your portions is the best – and most natural – method to control overeating. Don’t let your eyes rule your mind and stomach.
Even if something you crave is being served, dish out a small portion in the beginning. You’ll be amazed at how little it takes to satiate your cravings and hunger.
· Eat Salads – Boring, huh? But, if you know you’re going to get to eat something you love after the salad, it may seem a bit more appetizing. A natural trick to curbing an overeating habit is to eat a tossed, green salad before you eat lunch or dinner. You won’t be as tempted to load your plate with large helpings of an entrée.
· Share Entrees at Restaurants – Most restaurants serve incredibly large portions of their entrees. Plan ahead to either share with a dining companion or get a carry-out box.
Some restaurants will let you order a half portion of an entrée – others may let you order from the kid’s menu for smaller servings.
· Eat Several Small Meals – When you eat several small meals during the day, you’re not as tempted to binge on food in the evening. Concentrate on eating fruits and veggies during the day to fill you up, but add fewer calories.
· Treat Yourself – You can’t be a “diet saint” all the time. Treat yourself at least once a month to a meal or item that you love to eat. Pay attention to the tips listed above so that you won’t overdo it.
But, if that happens, immediately go back to your natural eating plan. It will be easier knowing that you don’t have to suffer to lose weight.
Attaining that “full” feeling the natural way can cut your calories immediately without making you feel deprived. You’ll find that you’re not as apt to binge eat when you’re alone or have the opportunity to indulge in rich foods loaded with calories that can cause you to lose control.
As you gain control over an overeating problem, you’ll also gain self-control and self-esteem, knowing that “Yes, you can do it – the natural way!”
Click here to get more ideal body weight tips about Diet Tips