Losing weight is on the mind of many women on this planet, and men as well. With current images of stick thin models still presiding in our media, it is no wonder that women still aspire to be thinner. A growing trend has shown that women who aspire to be like the size 0 fashion models are middle aged women who are struggling with the knowledge that they are getting older.
This aside, every day we are bombarded with programs and announcements about obesity and the need for nations to become thinner and healthier. And losing weight is, often, necessary. But, mainly, losing weight can be extremely difficult.
Weight Loss Supplements
Many health stores and online stores alike regularly offer new products that are supposed to be miracle, fat-busting cures. It is always advisable to take great care before taking any of these tablets, as they are often untested and their side effects or long term effects are unknown.
Some of the most popular weight loss supplements at the moment are:
• Fucoxanthin can be found in edible brown seaweeds and preliminary trials have shown that it targets abdominal fat. However, these trials have been conducted on animals and there is, as of yet, no testing been completed on humans.
• Hoodia is one of the most well-known appetite suppressants. Again, Hoodia has not been clinically tested on humans. Furthermore, it appears that half of the Hoodia that is on the market is counterfeit and hence you are unaware of what you are consuming, which can potentially be extremely dangerous.
• Guarana is a natural stimulant, much stronger than caffeine. In increasing energy levels, it is thought to speed up the process of losing weight, as you will increase your stamina. However, Guarana has also been linked to irregular heartbeats and palpitations.
• Chromium is a mineral that helps insulin move glucose through the body. It is thought to aid in weight loss, but should never be taken by those who suffer from diabetes.
• Conjugated Linoleic Acid is thought to speed up weight loss as well as increase muscle building and is particularly popular with people who also attend the gym. However, it has been known to cause digestive problems.
• Chitosan is said to prevent the absorption of fat molecules. It’s most common side effects are constipation and other digestive issues.
• Ephedra is an Asian plant that has strong energetic effects, greater than both Guarana and caffeine. It has been banned in many countries, including the United States, as it has been shown to cause dangerous conditions such as heart attacks and strokes.
• Bitter orange was brought on the market after Ephedra was banned, but it is thought that bitter orange will also soon be removed from the market as it potentially has similar side effects to ephedra.
• Get More Info on Native Remedies Detox Drops to Cleanse and Detoxify the System
Concerns about Alternative Therapies for Weight Loss
More and more people are turning to supplements and alternative therapies in the hope that it will bring them a quick solution to weight loss. An enormous market has opened up targeting these people specifically, which has brought about many dangers. Often, natural remedies are not properly tested for human consumption and can cause very dangerous side effects. Furthermore, there is now also a very big illegal market offering counterfeit tablets or tablets that have been taken off the market.