by Tony Rovere
(West Islip, NY, USA)
For most people today, the greatest obstacle to losing weight, losing fat and gaining that slim, sexy waistline that we are all seeking is finding the time to work out!.
So many of us are busy with a job or two, taking care of the kids, our spouses as well as keeping an eye on our aging parents that it seems there is no time for us.
So with that in mind I went searching for a
10 minute workout that would do the following…
- Give you a total body workout…to hit all of the major muscle groups such as shoulders, arms, chest, back, core and legs.
- Incorporate both strength training to build muscle as well as cardiovascular elements as well to burn fat.
- Use only body weight workouts, so that you can do the workout at home and not have to worry about going to the gym.
This might seem like a tall order, but actually it’s not. You’ve already done elements of this in the past. It’s called the ‘55’ workout.
Here’s how it’s done
First, you will perform 10 pushups. My preference is to do hand-release pushups because this insures that you are not cheating when you do the workout. The way to perform a hand-release pushup is to do a normal pushup, but when you come down rather than stopping a few inches off the floor allow your chest to come to rest on the floor for a moment.
During that moment, quickly take your hands off the ground, then put them back on the ground and explode upward to perform the pushup, locking your elbows at the top of the movement.
Once you have done 10 of these…IMMEDIATELY get up and perform 10 squats. The key to the squat is for your butt to come as close to the floor as possible. In this way you are not only activating the quadriceps (the muscle in front on your thigh) but also your glutes and hamstrings. Do these as quickly as possible and then IMMEDIATELY …
Get back down on the floor and do 9 pushups, and then 9 squats.
And so on and so on until you have reached 1 pushup and 1 squat.
Try and take as few breaks as possible. This will keep up the cardio elements of the workout.
The end result is that you will have done 55 pushups and 55 squats, and will have gotten some amazing benefits out of it.
- You will have hit every major muscle group in the body.
- You will be adding muscle to your frame, enabling you to increase your metabolism so that your body becomes more effective at burning fat.
- And I have found that this is one of the most effective cardio workouts I have ever done.
- And the workout can become more challenging, because as you keep adding to it, turning it into the ‘66’ workout, then the ‘78’, ‘91’, ‘105’, etc…you are building more muscle, burning more fat and getting more cardio in, all from the comfort of your own home.
About The Author:
- Tony Rovere regained his health, strength and vitality by losing 60 pounds and managing to keep it off for over 4 years.
This is why he created WeightLossTipsAfter40.com/ , where he shares his passion for health and fitness with others so that they can accomplish the same goals that he has achieved.