Why You Need a Wellness Program
Most companies are adapting a wholesome approach in the treatment of their employees, and because of this, quite a few human resource practitioners are on the look out for great wellness program ideas and initiatives that can fit their organization and address the overall needs of the workforce.
According to William Hettler’s study at the National Wellness Institute at the University of Wisconsin, there are various dimensions to an employees needs, they are:
- Physical – which includes fitness and nutrition.
- Occupational – which includes career and vocation.
- Emotional – which includes affect and sympathy.
- Social – which includes family and community.
- Intellectual – which includes knowledge and wisdom.
- Spiritual – which includes values and ethics.